Ralph's Johnson Talk

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Feb 12 09:42:39 CET 2003

IAM of the University of Berne, the SCG and CHOOSE is proud to announce
the talk of Prof. Ralph Johnson.

Title:  "Toward's an Architect's Handbook"

Ralph E. Johnson - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

One of the events that led to the book "Design Patterns" was an OOPSLA
workshop to investigate what kind of handbook should be used by a
software
architect.  Design patterns were one of the things that we thought
should be
in such a handbook.  But the software engineering community in general,
and
patterns writers in particular, are still far from an architect's
handbook.
This talk will explain the vision, what is missing, a few recent books
that
in my opinion are big steps towards the goal, and what we should do to
fulfill our vision.

When: friday 21 February 2003 at 17h30
Where:

IAM Room 001 (opposite of the cafetaria)
Schutzenmattstrasse
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/English/Texts/finding.html

Stef

Prof. Dr. St├ęphane DUCASSE (ducasse at iam.unibe.ch)