CHOOSE: Software-Tomography [correction]

Oscar Nierstrasz oscar.nierstrasz at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Aug 16 09:57:11 CEST 2003

non-commercial events related to Object Technology in Switzerland.
Please send announcements to be posted to: choose-news at iam.unibe.ch
To unsubscribe, please send the message "unsubscribe choose-news" to:
                Majordomo at iam.unibe.ch
To learn more about SI and CHOOSE, see: http://www.iam.unibe.ch/CHOOSE/

[This is a reposting -- there was a copy/paste error in the registration
form of the previous announcement]

non-commercial events related to Object Technology in Switzerland.
Please send announcements to be posted to: choose-news at iam.unibe.ch
To unsubscribe, please send the message "unsubscribe choose-news" to:
                Majordomo at iam.unibe.ch

Please send announcements to be posted to: choose-news at iam.unibe.ch
To unsubscribe, please send the message "unsubscribe choose-news" to:
                Majordomo at iam.unibe.ch
To learn more about SI and CHOOSE, see: http://www.iam.unibe.ch/CHOOSE/

The CHOOSE executive board is glad to invite you to the next talk given
by Dr. Walter Bischofberger (Software-Tomography GmbH):
"Software-Tomography
– Supporting Large-Scale Software Development with a new Generation of
Static Analysis Tools" on Monday, September 8. 2003.

This event is free for all SI-CHOOSE members, even the drinks after the
talk! Non-CHOOSE members are encouraged to fill out the membership
application form (http://www.s-i.ch/si-appl.html) before attending the
meeting. If you want to know more about CHOOSE and the events which
CHOOSE organises, please visit http://www.iam.unibe.ch/CHOOSE

NOTE: registration for this event is required. See registration form at
the end of this e-mail.

-

Software-Tomography – Supporting Large-Scale Software Development
with a new Generation of Static Analysis Tools

September 8. 2003

Institut für Wirtschaftsinformatik (IWI), Universität Bern,
Engehaldenstrasse 8, 3012 Bern,  Hörsaal 001

Travel instructions: http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/Resources/Maps/

Speaker
-------
Dr. Walter Bischofberger (Software-Tomography GmbH)

Agenda
------
17:00 - 18:15h Talk and Q/A
Afterwards you are invited to a refreshment.

Abstract
--------
Today many questions remain unanswered during the development and
evolution of large-scale object-oriented software systems. Questions
that can be answered with software-tomographs are, for example:

* Does the implementation correspond to the intended architecture? Did
   somebody break the architectural guidelines yesterday? Is the current
   reengineering effort converging towards the new architecture? Are my
   components only used through EJB invocations?
* How is the library, we are evolving, used by its current clients? Can
   I discard parts of the library because they are not used? Which
   interfaces are used heavily and have to remain stable? Which
   subsystems depend on this interface?
* Which parts of the source code have to be investigated with special
   emphasis during the next code review? Are there problematic parts
   in our software system, which continuously grow worse over time?

This talk shows, based on practical examples, how Software-Tomography’s
Sotograph could help to answer these questions, to improve the quality
of your software and to streamline your software development.
Further information is available at www.software-tomography.com

Bio
---
Dr. Walter Bischofberger is working on tools for software development
for almost 20 years. Among others he developed a user interface
generator, the multi-language programming environment SNiFF+ and the
cooperative development environment Beyond-Sniff. During the last four
years he has been working on a software-tomograph, a new generation of
static analysis tools supporting large-scale code comprehension and
quality analysis. The resulting technology is practically applied by
software quality consultants since 2001 and marketed since the
beginning of 2003 by Software-Tomography GmbH.

REGISTRATION
------------

Please DO NOT reply to this e-mail!
Fill in the form below and sent it to <mailto:choose at glue.ch>.
Thanks.

I want to register to the following event: 8.9 Software Tomography

Please check:

[ ] CHOOSE member
[ ] JUGS member
[ ] SI member