page in latest pier crashes

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 15:14:25 CEST 2011

I don't see how a memory leak would lead to a crash, unless your
application really consumes a lot of memory (you could observe that
with top/htop).

Are you using Cog? If so, this VM creates a crash.dmp file containing
quite valuable information.

Did you try reload all packages and recompile the whole image, just to
be sure that all code is in consistent state?

What version of Pharo are you on? If you are on Pharo 1.4 (and also to
some extent 1.3) you are on untested territories.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch